The attorneys at Honeywell Law firm have and maintain, thorough up-to-date knowledge of Special Education and other Disability related mandates, laws, guidance and best practices. We have extensive experience in both representing our clients in hearings and, often more importantly, helping our clients to avoid hearings and/or complaints through advice and guidance.
Our services are all encompassing with regards to the educational issues and laws impacting Disabled Students and Staff. Our representation in Special Education; Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the Americans with Disabilities act include but are not limited to:
- IEP and 504-Plan review and development;
- Attendance and counsel at Committee on Special Education Meetings, 504 team meetings, and as otherwise needed;
- Participation in disciplinary matters, including but not limited to Manifestation Determinations.
- Representation in State Complaints, Office for Civil Rights (OCR) Complaints, Impartial Due Process Hearings, and any subsequent appeals to government agencies and/or courts, both Federal and State;
- Advisory memoranda and guidance addressing compliance with and updates to the many laws impacting students with disabilities;
- Facilitating collaboration between departments;
- Conduct trainings for staff on all disability related issues and practices;
- Provide regular guidance to the District and School administrators in charge of special education and 504 related matters;
- Policy reviews; and
- Development or revision of policies, procedures, forms and processes.
For more information on Special Education Law or disability related legal matters, or to schedule a consultation with one of our professionals, please contact us at: 518-512-4580 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.